Athlon 64 3700+ [in 1 benchmark]
AMD started Athlon 64 3700+ sales on January 2001 at a recommended price of $69. Based on a San Diego architecture, this desktop processor is primarily aimed at home systems. It has 1 core and 1 thread, and is based on 130 nm manufacturing technology, with a maximum frequency of 2400 MHz and a locked multiplier.
Compatibility-wise, this is AMD Socket 939 processor with a TDP of 89 Watt.
We have no data on Athlon 64 3700+ benchmark results.
Athlon 64 3700+ processor market type (desktop or notebook), architecture, sales start time and pricing.
|Place in performance ranking||not rated|
|Market segment||Desktop processor|
|Architecture codename||San Diego (2001−2005)|
|Release date||January 2001 (22 years old)|
|Launch price (MSRP)||$69||of 305 (Core i7-870)|
|Current price||$110 (1. 6x MSRP)||of 14999 (Xeon Platinum 9282)|
Basic microprocessor parameters such as number of cores, number of threads, base frequency and turbo boost clock, lithography, cache size and multiplier lock state. These parameters can generally indicate CPU performance, but to be more precise you have to review its test results.
|Physical cores||1 (Single-Core)|
|Boost clock speed||2.4 GHz||of 6 (Core i9-13900KS)|
|L1 cache||128 KB||of 7475.2 (Apple M2 Pro 10-Core)|
|L2 cache||1 MB||of 36 (Apple M2 Max)|
|L3 cache||0 KB||of 786432 (EPYC 7773X)|
|Chip lithography||130 nm||of 4 (Ryzen 9 7940HS)|
|Die size||199 mm2|
|Number of transistors||233 million||of 9900000 (Ryzen 5 7645HX)|
|64 bit support||+|
|Windows 11 compatibility||—|
Information on Athlon 64 3700+ compatibility with other computer components and devices: motherboard (look for socket type), power supply unit (look for power consumption) etc. Useful when planning a future computer configuration or upgrading an existing one.
Note that power consumption of some processors can well exceed their nominal TDP, even without overclocking. Some can even double their declared thermals given that the motherboard allows to tune the CPU power parameters.
|Number of CPUs in a configuration||1||of 8 (Xeon Platinum 8160M)|
|Power consumption (TDP)||89 Watt||of 400 (Xeon Platinum 9282)|
Single-core and multi-core benchmark results of Athlon 64 3700+. Overall benchmark performance is measured in points in 0-100 range, higher is better.
Passmark CPU Mark is a widespread benchmark, consisting of 8 different types of workload, including integer and floating point math, extended instructions, compression, encryption and physics calculation. There is also one separate single-threaded scenario measuring single-core performance.
Benchmark coverage: 68%
Athlon 64 3700+
People consider these graphics cards to be good for Athlon 64 3700+, according to our PC configuration statistics.
These are the fastest graphics cards for Athlon 64 3700+ in our user configuration statistics.
There is a total of 12 configurations based on Athlon 64 3700+ in our database.
User ratings: view and submit
Here is the rating given to the reviewed processor by our users. Let others know your opinion by rating it yourself.
Questions and comments
Here you can ask a question about Athlon 64 3700+, agree or disagree with our judgements, or report an error or mismatch.
AMD Athlon 64 3700 ADA3700DKA5CF 2.2GHZ 1MB L2 Cache Socket-939 CPU:New
Roll over image to zoom in
Click on image to zoom
The AMD Athlon 64 processor is the first Windows compatible 64-bit PC processor. The AMD Athlon 64 processor runs on AMD64 technology, a revolutionary technology that allows the processor to run 32-bit applications at full speed while enabling a new generation of powerful 64-bit software applications. Advanced 64-bit operating systems designed for the AMD64 platform from Microsoft, Red Hat, SuSE, and TurboLinux have already been announced.
- Input Voltage: 1. 4 V DC
- Additional Information:
- Stepping: E6
- Enhanced Virus Protection for Windows XP SP2
- Platform Supported: PC
- Abit AN8 Ultra Motherboard
- Abit FATALITY AN8 SLI Motherboard
- Abit KN8 Motherboard
- Abit KN8 SLI Motherboard
- Abit KN8 Ultra Motherboard
- ASUS A8N-E Motherboard
- ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
- ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard
- ASUS A8N-VM CSM Motherboard
- ASUS A8N-VM CSM/NBP Motherboard
- ASUS A8V Motherboard
- ASUS A8V-E SE Motherboard
- ASUS A8V-MX Motherboard
- ASUS A8V-X Motherboard
- ASUS A8V-XE Motherboard
- Biostar N4SLI-A9 Motherboard
- Biostar NF4UL-A9 Motherboard
- Biostar iDEQ-330P (K8NBD-S9) Motherboard
- ECS KN1 Motherboard
- ECS KN1 SLI Extreme Motherboard
- ECS KV2 Motherboard
- ECS RS480-M Motherboard
- ECS RS482-M Motherboard
- ECS nForce4-A939 Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-9 Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-SLI Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVM9-RH Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro-939 Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8NS-939 Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-9 Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI Motherboard
- Gigabyte K8N SLI Motherboard
- Gigabyte K8NSC-939 Motherboard
- Jetway 939GT-SLI-G Motherboard
- MSI K8N Diamond (MS-7100) Motherboard
- MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (MS-7125) Motherboard
- MSI K8NGM2-NBP (7207) Motherboard
- MSI RS480M2 (MS-7093M) Motherboard
- MSI RS482M4 (MS-7191) Motherboard
- PC Partner DH7 Motherboard
- Shuttle SN25P (FN25) Motherboard
- Tyan Tomcat K8E(S2865) Motherboard
- WinFast 6100K8MA Motherboard
- WinFast 6150BK8MC-KRSH Motherboard
- WinFast 6150K8MA Motherboard
- WinFast 761M02 Motherboard
- WinFast NF4K8AC Motherboard
- WinFast NF4SK8AA Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor Review: Specifications, Benchmark Tests
The Athlon 64 3700+ processor was released by AMD, release date: May 2004. At the time of release, the processor cost $69. The processor is designed for desktop computers and is based on the San Diego architecture.
The processor is locked for overclocking. The total number of cores is 1. The maximum clock frequency of the processor is 2.2 GHz. Technological process — 90 nm. Cache size: L1 — 128 KB, L2 — 1024 KB.
Supported socket type: 939. The maximum number of processors in the configuration is 1. Power consumption (TDP): 89 Watt.
Single thread mark
| Geekbench 4
| Geekbench 4
|PassMark — Single thread mark||435|
|PassMark — CPU mark||394|
|Geekbench 4 — Single Core||1018|
|Geekbench 4 — Multi-Core||979|
|Architecture name||San Diego|
|Issue date||May 2004|
|Price at first issue date||$69|
|Place in the ranking||2475|
|Price/performance ratio (0-100)||2. 56|
|Support 64 bit|
|Level 1 cache||128KB|
|Level 2 cache||1024KB|
|Maximum frequency||2.2 GHz|
|Number of cores||1|
|Number of transistors||105 million|
|Maximum number of processors in configuration||1|
|Power consumption (TDP)||89 Watt|