Intel E5520 2.26g 4c 8m Proc E5520 2.26g 4c 8m Proc
Intel Xeon E5520. Processor family: Intel Xeon 5000 Sequence, Processor socket: LGA 1366 (Socket B), Processor lithography: 45 nm. Memory channels: Triple-channel, Maximum internal memory supported by processor: 144 GB, Memory types supported by processor: DDR3-SDRAM. Market segment: Server, Number of Processing Die Transistors: 731 M, Processing Die size: 263 mm. Package width: 1.73″ (44 mm), Package depth: 5.51″ (140 mm), Package height: 4.61″ (117 mm). Processor package size: 42.5mm x 45mm
Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) continues from the existing support for IA-32 (VT-x) and Itanium® processor (VT-i) virtualization adding new support for I/O-device virtualization. Intel VT-d can help end users improve security and reliability of the systems and also improve performance of I/O devices in virtualized environments.
Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) allows one hardware platform to function as multiple “virtual” platforms. It offers improved manageability by limiting downtime and maintaining productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions.
Intel® 64 architecture delivers 64-bit computing on server, workstation, desktop and mobile platforms when combined with supporting software. Intel 64 architecture improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4 GB of both virtual and physical memory.
Idle States (C-states) are used to save power when the processor is idle. C0 is the operational state, meaning that the CPU is doing useful work. C1 is the first idle state, C2 the second, and so on, where more power saving actions are taken for numerically higher C-states.
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology dynamically increases the processor’s frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom to give you a burst of speed when you need it, and increased energy efficiency when you don’t.
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) delivers two processing threads per physical core. Highly threaded applications can get more work done in parallel, completing tasks sooner.
An instruction set refers to the basic set of commands and instructions that a microprocessor understands and can carry out. The value shown represents which Intel’s instruction set this processor is compatible with.
Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT), also known as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), provides acceleration for memory intensive virtualized applications. Extended Page Tables in Intel® Virtualization Technology platforms reduces the memory and power overhead costs and increases battery life through hardware optimization of page table management.
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology is an advanced means of enabling high performance while meeting the power-conservation needs of mobile systems. Conventional Intel SpeedStep® Technology switches both voltage and frequency in tandem between high and low levels in response to processor load. Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology builds upon that architecture using design strategies such as Separation between Voltage and Frequency Changes, and Clock Partitioning and Recovery.
Intel® Demand Based Switching
Intel® Demand Based Switching is a power-management technology in which the applied voltage and clock speed of a microprocessor are kept at the minimum necessary levels until more processing power is required. This technology was introduced as Intel SpeedStep® Technology in the server marketplace.
Intel-IMSourcing BX80602E5520 Intel Xeon 5500 E5520 Quad-core (4 Core) 2.26 GHz Processor – Retail Pack – Dihuni
Intel-IMSourcing BX80602E5520 Intel Xeon 5500 E5520 Quad-core (4 Core) 2.26 GHz Processor — Retail Pack quantity
A Giant Leap for IT and Business Capabilities
In many organizations, IT infrastructure has begun to constrain business efficiency and growth. For the past decade, IT has rapidly added low-cost hardware to accommodate business growth. But with data centers now stretched to capacity in terms of power, cooling, and floor space, IT infrastructure is actually limiting IT from investing in innovation. IDC estimates that for every dollar IT spends on hardware to support new users and applications, they spend another 50 cents on power and cooling for existing hardware.
Manufacturer Part Number: BX80602E5520
Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.imsourcing.com
Brand Name: Intel-IMSourcing
Product Line: Xeon
Product Series: 5500
Product Model: E5520
Product Name: Xeon Quad-core E5520 2.26GHz Server Processor
Package Type: Retail
Product Type: Processor
Processor Manufacturer: Intel
Processor Core: Quad-core (4 Core)
Clock Speed: 2.26 GHz
Overclocking Speed: 2. 53 GHz
QuickPath Interconnect: 5.86 GT/s
L2 Cache: 1 MB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
64-bit Processing: Yes
Process Technology: 45 nm
Processor Socket: Socket B LGA-1366
Input Voltage: 1.4 V DC
Thermal Design Power: 80 W
Thermal Specification: 161.6°F (72°C)
- Intel® Server Board S5520UR
- Intel® Server Board S5520HC
- Intel® Workstation Board S5520SC
- Intel® Server Board S5500BC
- Intel® Server Board S5500WB
- Intel® Server Board S5500HCV
- Intel® Server Board S5500HV
- Intel® Server Board S5500WB12V
- Intel® Compute Module MFS5520VIR
- Intel® Server Board S5520HCT
- Intel® Server Board S5520URT
- Intel® Server System SR2625URLX
- Intel® Server System SR2600URBRP
- Intel® Server System SR1690WB
- Intel® Server System SR2612UR
- Intel® Server System SR1670HV
- Intel® Server System SR1630BC
- Intel® Server System SC5650HCBRP
- Intel® Server System SR1600UR
- Intel® Server System SR1625UR
- Intel® Server System SR1680MV
- Intel® Workstation System SC5650SCWS
- Intel® Server System SR1630BCR
- Intel® Server System SC5650BCDPR
- Intel® Server System SC5650HCBRPR
- Intel® Server System SR2625URLXR
- Intel® Server System SR2625URLXT
- Intel® Server System SR2625URBRP
- Intel® Server System SR2625URBRPR
- Intel® Server System SR1600URR
- Intel® Server System SR1600URHS
- Intel® Server System SR1600URHSR
- Intel® Server System SR1625URR
- Intel® Server System SR1625URSAS
- Intel® Server System SR1625URSASR
- Intel® Server System SR2600URBRPR
- Intel® Server System SR2600URLX
- Intel® Server System SR2600URLXR
- Intel® Server System SR2600URSATA
- Intel® Server System SR2600URSATAR
- Intel® Server System SR2612URR
- Intel® Server System SR1695WBAC
- Intel® Server System SC5650BCDP
- Intel® Server System SR1695WBDC
- Intel® Server System SR1690WBR
- Intel® 5520 Chipset
- Intel® 5500 Chipset
You’re viewing: Intel-IMSourcing BX80602E5520 Intel Xeon 5500 E5520 Quad-core (4 Core) 2.