Oculus Tray Tool | ApollyonVR
* Disabled the Link Presets for now as some ppl reported issues with it. You can still use the manual settings
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a «Comments» option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29’s code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for «Bitrate» and «Encode Resolution».
* Added option for «Force Mipmap generation on all layers» on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for «Offset Mipmap bias on all layers» on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for «Force Mipmap generation on all layers» to Profiles.
* Added option for «Offset Mipmap bias on all layers» to Profiles.
* Added option for «Encode Dynamic Bitrate» on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for «Dynamic Bitrate Max» on the Quest Link tab.
* Added «FoV Multiplier» to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
might increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FoV.
NOTE: This does currently not work with the Quest due to Link needing to be restarted
for it to take affect. Instead, use the FoV option on the Game Setting tab.
As that setting is applied when Oculus Tray Tool starts, it will be in affect if
you make sure to start Oculus Tray Tool before you start Oculus Home/Link.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used. This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those settings are copied over when you click «Create new Profile».
* Added option to Disable profiles.
* Re-designed the Profiles window a bit.
* The «Default Super Sampling» drop-down is now also user-editable. Type what you want and hit Enter. The same goes for the Super Sampling options in Profiles. No need hit Enter here, just click OK.
* Fixed some bugs.
* Fixed some bugs.
* Added ‘Sharpening’ as Oculus Link option.
* Added more granularity to Super Sampling values.
* Added option to delete custom Link Presets
* Added ‘0’ as Bitrate option for Link
* Fixed an issue where Power Plan was not reverted on reboot/shutdown
if OTT was not shut down first.
* Fixed an issue where the Audio/Mic sources did not revert back on
reboot/shutdown if OTT was not shut down first.
* Fixed an issue where Hotkeys would not work unless the option for Audio confirmation
was also checked.
* OTT will also no longer block the key from being passed to Windows. The keys used for
Hotkeys will now work as normal in other applications while OTT is running.
* Fixed some other bugs while i was at it.
Use the Oculus Tray Tool to make your VR experience better — techtipsVR
The Oculus Tray Tool (OTT), developed by ApollyonVR, is an application that takes advantage of developer options and registry tweaks to easily optimize using your Oculus Rift and Rift S. It can save you a lot of time and frustration by enabling a few simple settings.
The developer has included an extensive guide to all the settings, and answered all the important questions in the forum and Reddit threads linked at the end of this article, so I’m just going to sum up and point out key features.
Improve Graphics and Performance
Manage supersampling and ASW with profiles or by changing the default setting.
I was going to try to sum it up here but it seemed to warrant a more detailed explanation, so read more about these technologies on my post: What are Supersampling and ASW?
Profiles let you configure settings to automatically apply when certain apps are launched. They let you set your preferred Supersampling, ASW Mode, and CPU Priority . If you tend to uses the same settings for all your games and apps then you can change the defaults in the “Game Settings” tab.
(Tip: If you have selected Audio Confirmation When Profile is Applied, but don’t hear “game launch detected,” or can’t see that your settings were applied in the OTT Log, then you may want to change detection method to Timer.)
Fix tracking issues
There’s an option to automatically change your PC’s Power Plan based on whether the OTT is running, or only when you are actually using the Oculus app. You can see in my screenshot below that I opt for it to change to High performance to prevent sleeping and get the best performance while I’m using it, but then drop back to Balanced when I’m done and have closed Oculus.
USB and power Tweaks
USB selective suspend, Fresco registry tweaks, Fresco power management, and Rift Power management options can help prevent the necessity for restarting your computer or the Oculus service. These options make sure that those sensors keep receiving power and stay awake and tracking at all times.
Restart Oculus service when you see device warnings in Oculus.
Frequently when opening Oculus you may be greeted with warnings about poor sensor tracking or other device issues. There are several possible causes for this, and usually you’d need to reboot the computer or open task manager and force close Oculus services to resolve them. The OTT “Service and Startup” tab has an option to stop or restart the Oculus service.
Restart Oculus Service after sleep
I’m one of those people who tries to save electricity as much as possible, so I like my computer go to sleep when it’s idle, but my Oculus service tended to have sensor issues when it has woken from sleep. ApollyonVR fixed this for me by including an option in OTT to Restart the Oculus service after the computer sleeps. This option can help clear up poor sensor and HMD tracking issues before you encounter them.
Other important options and settings
- Add Steam games to the Oculus library
- Find and install new Steam games
- Change Icons
Voice command: lets you change some settings just by speaking while you are wearing the Oculus.
Oculus Home-less and Mirror Oculus Home options: ever wanted to show off the way you customized your home environment? Well, now you can have it mirrored on the monitor while you look around in VR.
Audio Switcher: automatically change preferred playback and recording devices when you launch Oculus.
Get the Oculus Tray Tool
Download the Oculus Tray Tool from ApollyonVR .
You can also follow this link which will take you to the discussion thread for OTT on the Oculus Forum. And, here’s the link to the OTT Reddit post.
ApollyonVR has made this amazing tool and shares it freely, and is extremely responsive with support, so if you use and love this app please consider a donation to the project through the PayPal link in the corner of the app.