PC Building Simulator System Requirements — Can I Run It?
PC Building Simulator System Requirements — full specs, system checker and the gaming PC setup you need.
PC Building Simulator recommended requirements
Unknown recommended system requitements
PC Building Simulator minimum requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
- File Size: 30 GB
- OS: Windows 7 or higher
Can you run it? Test your computer against PC Building Simulator system requirements.
Can I Run It?
Test Your PC Automatically
Can I Run It?
Enter your system details
Can I Run PC Building Simulator?
In terms of game file size, you will need at least 30 GB of free disk space available. To play PC Building Simulator you will need a minimum CPU equivalent to an Intel Core i5-2500K. The minimum memory requirement for PC Building Simulator is 4 GB of RAM installed in your computer. The cheapest graphics card you can play it on is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.
PC Building Simulator will run on PC system with Windows 7 or higher and upwards.
Looking for an upgrade? Try our easy to use PC Building Simulator set up guides to find the best, cheapest cards. Filter for PC Building Simulator graphics card comparison and CPU compare. We’ll help you find the best deal for the right gear to run the game.
|378 Players (Last 24 Hours)|
The Irregular Corporation
|The Irregular Corporation|
PC Building Simulator Release Date
|29th of January 2019|
PC Building Simulator PC price today:
PC Building Simulator cheap deals:
The PCGB price tracker can try to predict the next official Steam PC Building Simulator discount. The last offer was a 50% saving on the 23rd of December 2020.
What is PC Building Simulator?
Build and grow your very own computer repair enterprise as you learn to diagnose, fix and build PCs. With real-world licensed components and comprehensive hardware and software simulation, you can plan and bring your ultimate PC to life.
Looking for ready made system? We have 319 laptop computers in our database that can run PC Building Simulator.
We take over 98 gaming laptops under $1000.
Check our full compare laptops chart for the right systems or these best deals we’ve picked out below.
FPS monitor: how to track your PC game frame rate with an FPS counter
7th of February 2023
PC Building Simulator Screenshots
Hogwarts Legacy System Requirements
GTA 5 System Requirements
FIFA 23 System Requirements
Dead Space System Requirements
Valorant System Requirements
Call of Duty: Warzone 2 System Requirements
Elden Ring System Requirements
Sons of the Forest System Requirements
Red Dead Redemption 2 System Requirements
Fortnite System Requirements
Forspoken System Requirements
Minecraft System Requirements
CSGO System Requirements
Cyberpunk 2077 System Requirements
Star Citizen System Requirements
Microsoft Flight Simulator System Requirements
Genshin Impact System Requirements
PUBG: Battlegrounds System Requirements
Escape From Tarkov System Requirements
The Sims 5 System Requirements
How to optimise your PC for gaming
So you’ve purchased yourself a shiny new gaming PC or built yourself one from scratch and you’re ready to start gaming. But just because you’ve got a fresh copy of Windows installed and your games downloaded doesn’t mean your PC is necessarily running at its best.
There are still a few things that you can do to optimise your PC for an even better gaming experience. Just a few tweaks to Windows settings can make all the difference.
We’ve written before about how to get more FPS out of your graphics card and gaming machine, but here we’re talking about further optimising it for the gaming edge.
1. Turn on gaming mode
Windows is already conveniently built for gaming. Microsoft knows PC users love playing games. This is why Game Pass is so popular. As standard though Windows still needs some tweaks to optimise performance, one of these includes game mode. This is a setting which manages system resources for better performance when playing.
To turn on Game Mode follow these steps:
- Press the Start button on your keyboard and type Game
- Click Game Mode Settings when it appears at the top of the Start menu
- Click the button to turn on Game mode
Optimising your PC for gaming is great, you know what else is great? Not being interrupted while you play. Windows has a setting to disable notifications at specific times or when certain things are happening. So no more pesky pop-ups to ruin your fun.
To access the settings follow these steps:
- Press the Windows start button on your PC or keyboard and type Focus Assist
- In the focus settings click on notifications — «alerts from apps and system, do not disturb»
- Find the setting «turn on do not disturb automatically»
- Tick «when playing a game»
Alternatively, you can select specific times of day for the do not disturb mode to turn on. This works if you know you’re always gaming in the evening for example. Just set the time and enjoy blissful notification-free gaming.
3. Turn on Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling allows your machine to optimise performance and reduce latency. If you have the right hardware (a recent graphics card) and are running Windows 10 or 11 then you can easily turn this setting on, much like Game Mode:
- Press the Start button and search for Graphics Settings
- Then click to turn on Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling
- Scroll down and view the settings for «graphics performance preference» from there you can choose the app to set your preference. For Nvidia, this is the Nvidia Control panel. You can select this as a desktop app or Microsoft store app via the dropdown
- Click on the app, click options and select high performance
- Repeat for any game where you want maximum performance
4. Adjust for best performance
As standard Windows is set to focus on the best possible appearance. So it looks swanky with all the different animations and shiny edges. These quality settings can have a negative impact on gaming performance though. So it may pay to turn them off or at least to adjust for performance instead of appearance.
To do this:
- Press the Windows start button on your PC or keyboard and type appearance and performance
- Click on «Adjust the performance and appearance of Windows» when it appears
- Look for the setting that says «adjust for the best performance»
- Select that and click apply
- On the advanced tab click to check that best performance is set for programs and not background tasks
5. Turn off enhanced pointer precision
You may well have purchased a high-end gaming mouse to give yourself the edge against the competition, but that mouse might have its performance hindered by Windows settings.
Windows has various settings related to mouse pointer speed and one, in particular, can be a problem, so we need to turn it off:
- Press the Windows start button on your PC or keyboard and type mouse pointer
- Click on «change the mouse pointer display or speed»
- Under the setting marked «motion» untick the option to «enhance pointer precision»
- Click apply
While we’re at it, we’d also recommend checking your mouse software. A lot of modern gaming mice have high polling rate options. Click to select whatever is the highest — 1,000Hz, 4,000Hz or 8,000Hz — in your software so your signals get to your PC faster and there’s less latency.
- Why is my gaming PC lagging? Common causes and ways to fix lag
6. Update your drivers
If you want the best performance we find it’s important to not only ensure that Windows is updated regularly (preferably outside your gaming hours) but that your graphics cards drivers are also updated.
We’ve written before about how to update Nvidia drivers and cleanly install them for the best results but it also pays to simply stay on top of updates so you have the latest drivers.
The easiest way to do this with Nvidia graphics cards is to use GeForce Experience. When that’s downloaded and installed there’s an option in there to automatically download and install drivers. Click to turn that on and install the latest ones whenever they’re released.
7. Turn on Nvidia G-Sync
If you have a compatible monitor and a new graphics card, then you can and should turn on G-Sync. We’ve written before about how to do this but essentially G-Sync ensures that your monitor’s refresh rate matches the frames per second your graphics card is putting out for the game you’re playing.
Turn on G-Sync on your monitor and within Windows settings and this will prevent screen tearing and ensure a smooth gaming experience while you’re playing. We’d recommend also adjusting your game’s display settings to match your monitor’s refresh rate and limiting the maximum FPS to the high end of your refresh rate.
8. Set your monitor refresh rate
Windows doesn’t always default to using the maximum refresh rate for your connected display. If you’ve got yourself a fancy gaming monitor with a high refresh rate, then you need to turn the setting on both on the monitor and in Windows.
Otherwise, the monitor will default to just 60Hz. So follow these steps to select your maximum refresh rate:
- Right-click on your desktop and click display settings
- Scroll down until you see «advanced display settings»
- Then scroll down to refresh rate and click the dropdown. From there select your monitor’s maximum refresh rate.
If you don’t see the setting you’re expecting then the chances are you’re using the wrong cable. Some displays might only output maximum refresh rate with a DisplayPort cable, otherwise, HDMI 2.1 might be worth looking at.
9. Start-up settings
Many of the apps you install will automatically force themselves into start-up processes. So when you turn on your PC and log in to Windows those apps will be waiting for you. Sometimes this isn’t helpful as the apps then become background processes that are wasting processing power and resources.
Fortunately, it’s fairly easy to disable these apps and not only make your PC turn on faster but also optimise it when you’re gaming. Follow these steps:
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to launch Task Manager
- Look for the Startup tab and click that
- Search through the list of apps and look for anything that you don’t use regularly
- Right-click on the offending apps and click disable
Alternatively, in Windows 11 you can access these settings by clicking the start button and searching for Startup apps. Click that system setting and you can then go through and turn apps on and off.
What is GeForce Experience?
GeForce Experience is a companion app for your GeForce RTX graphics card. The app updates your graphics card drivers in a timely manner, automatically optimizes your PC’s gaming settings, and offers the easiest way to record your gameplay or stream it to Twitch.
What are the system requirements for GeForce Experience?
See System Requirements.
Where can I download Game Ready drivers?
Users can download Game Ready drivers from the GeForce Experience app and from GeForce.com.
Which PC games have optimal settings?
GeForce Experience provides optimal settings for over 1000 PC games.
Why is my game not showing up in the games tab after scanning for games?
Make sure your game is supported. You can tell GeForce Experience where to find your games in the Settings -> Games tab. Add your game location to this tab and click the «Check» button to rescan.
Why is it necessary to start the game before the optimal settings are applied?
GeForce Experience applies optimal settings by modifying game configuration files on the PC. Some games need to be launched before configuration files can be created on your hard drive.
Are optimal settings supported in SLI configurations?
Yes, 2-way SLI configuration is supported.
Which configuration parameters are taken into account to determine the optimal settings?
The main parameters are GPU, CPU and resolution. There are also minimum requirements for system RAM and OS.
What is an in-game overlay?
The GeForce Experience in-game overlay is an interface that appears on top of the game and allows you to record hardware accelerated gameplay, take screenshots, broadcast your gameplay, and play co-op.
What data does GeForce Experience send to NVIDIA?
For information about what data we collect and why and how we use the data we collect, please visit privacy.nvidia.com. NVIDIA never sells your data.
What are the benefits for GeForce Experience users with an account?
NVIDIA account users can enter contests and giveaways to win prizes, stream content using GameStream technology, upload content to other services, and much more.
Your path to great gaming
HOW TO IMPROVE FPS FOR GAMES
Online toys, colorful 3D games, strategies and shooters — the genre is not important. The main thing is to have enough computer power. And then after all, the technique does not always “pull” the required parameters. Throwing away old hardware and getting a new computer is very expensive. Therefore, the article has step-by-step instructions on how to increase fps without spending a lot of time and money on components.
What is the optimal FPS
FPS (translated as “frames per second”) is the frequency at which scenes are displayed on the screen.
The FPS counter is a measure of how the game will «run» on the computer. Naturally, the latest games will not run on the «calculator» with the 95th Windows. But if the game slows down a little, the problem is solved.
Let’s simulate the situation:
World of Tanks → 10 Windows → an old laptop loaded with programs.
The toy itself is difficult to load and further develop the plot. It is loaded with mods, has expanded textures. Is it possible to make it run and not slow down? Yes, it is quite.
It is necessary to make the project stable and make the picture “smooth”. To do this:
- frees up space on the computer;
- is being cleaned — physical and virtual;
- is optimized and configured graphics card.
60 FPS or so is considered comfortable for the game. Floating on +/- 5 digit has almost no effect. But if it is lower, the textures will lag and freeze.
The game is stabilized in several ways, which are described below.
An interesting article: The computer does not see the hard drive: what is the «root of evil»
Optimizing and configuring the video card
First you need to find out who made the video card on your computer. After all, it is the video card that is responsible for the number of FPS — its volume, power, manufacturer.
The most popular are AMD and Nvidia. Each of them has its own way of customizing and optimizing graphic elements. The specifics of the software, various components, elements present in the device are also important.
You can find out the manufacturer of the video card using one of the methods presented in the table:
0005 Right-click on the desktop.
No more clicks on any items. Otherwise, the video card can be rendered unusable. And the situation can be corrected only by contacting a service center or a replacement.
Note: sometimes «texture filtering» is called «Anisotropic optimization», and V-Sync is called vertical synchronization.
Useful article: Do-it-yourself system block assembly in 10 steps: a complete guide
Optimization is performed in almost the same way as in the previous version of the video card. But there are several differences. For example:
- From the desktop (right-click) enter not the video card menu, but the Catalyst Control Center. There is also access to the control panel.
- The level of anisotropic filtering and smoothing is reduced to a minimum.
- Need to turn off artificial intelligence.
- And remove to a minimum adaptive anti-aliasing along with detail and vertical scan.
- Open the «OpenGL Settings» tab and turn off the settings.
These are all actions in order to increase the FPS using a video card. If it does not help, you need to configure the software.
TurboBoost for Intel
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology will improve processor performance, graphics, smooth out peak loads. It works automatically. With its help, you can increase the performance of the processor by stimulating the cores. But only in the case when the power, energy consumption and heating temperature will not exceed the maximum settings. The correct operation of the technology depends on the load on it, as well as the operating environment.
If you download version 2.0, you can improve the system many times over. It offers maximum frequency and maximum acceleration mode. The operation of the program depends on software and hardware, configurations and system settings.
Factors influencing the operation of the program:
If the work takes place in Windows, the temperature is recognized in the BIOS or using special programs (SpeedFan, AIDA64, CAM, Speccy). For low load, the optimal value is 30-50°C, for high load — up to 95°C. Maximum critical temperature — 100°C
If the values are too high or too low, the system may not work correctly. And this applies not only to the increase in FPS, but also to other factors. For example, at the maximum workload, the OS looks for additional resources. Intel Turbo Boost automatically (in the background) dynamically increases the frequency of the processor until it reaches the maximum possible speed.
The same applies to current, temperature and power management. The program uses several algorithms in parallel, creating maximum energy efficiency and clock speed. If the power exceeds the limit, the computer may work, keeping the original settings, but for a short time.
Optimizing the game’s graphics settings
In order for the game to run smoothly, the graphics settings need to be optimized. If you «wander» through the forums, you can find a lot of complaints about the braking of the game and then there are tips on picture settings.
Optimization is used to improve graphics. That is, the user, in order to achieve the optimal result, adjusts the game “for himself”. The indicator of proper optimization is a clear picture that runs at the same frame rate on all configurations (even on low-end ones).
- Going into the settings of any game, you can see several optimization options. For example, screen resolution. By changing this value, the user also changes the number of displayed pixels.
- Next, there is anti-aliasing. It all depends on the type of game. Some work with screen space (FXAA), others work with a ready-made image. You can also enable temporal smoothing or permanent, oversampling, a combination of these methods. In general, here you have to experiment.
- Lighting and shadows can also be changed to affect FPS. If the game is with a 3D effect, modern image quality is achieved precisely thanks to these concepts and a huge performance penalty. In terms of lighting — it is almost always justified. Shadows are based on two sources — diffuse and direct shading. You can remove both options. But still, these concepts affect the performance minimally (it is better to take dynamics).
Useful article: How to connect the system unit to Wi-Fi: a quick guide in 5 sections
Hard drive defragmentation
No matter how trite it may sound, updating drivers to the latest version can solve a lot of problems. Including improve the performance of your computer. Fresh settings contain files that improve the interaction of PC hardware with the game.
Follow the instructions below to update the drivers.
- Open the control panel → Select «Device Manager» → Go to the «Display Adapters» tab.
- Opposite all the items on this tab, right-click and select «Update Driver». Your PC will then automatically search for new drivers and install them.
- Then you should restart your computer and check if the FPS counter in the game will increase.
Cleaning the system
If your laptop or computer starts lagging where it used to work fine, this method should help. FPS can start to “squat” even on optimized settings. This means that there is a lot of «garbage» in the system. There are several shareware programs that are great for cleaning. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, the user will have to choose on their own, and the advice of outsiders will not help here.
This is a whole set of tools that allows you to clean your computer. It analyzes disks, browsers, downloaded files.
- Auslogics BoostSpeed 10
A set of measures to clean the system and increase its performance. The program will have to be customized «for yourself», choosing the necessary actions and unchecking the unnecessary ones. Initially, the system is tested, then it is optimized.
- Revo U
Uninstaller that allows you to remove unused programs. The free version is heavily stripped down. But for surface cleaning it is enough.
- Windows Standard Tools
They can only clean visible «garbage». But various residual «tails» after its removal are not able to be removed.
If you do not clean the system, the computer will spend more time and effort processing information. It will monitor not only running programs, but also broken links, non-existent files, incorrect registry. The presence of such unnecessary utilities can reach a critical point, and the computer simply refuses to work. By the way, some prefer not to clean the system, but immediately rearrange it.
To understand whether a lot of broken programs have accumulated in Windows, you can independently diagnose the system. The user does not see them visually, but they take a large layer of system memory already at boot.
The following steps will determine which utilities are running in the background preventing the game from loading.
- In Auslogics BoostSpeed there is an item «Additional Software» and the Startup Manager;
- B Revo Uninstaller Tools and Startup Manager open;
- In Windows tools, is invoked by the Win+R key combination. Enter the msconfig command in the search field and select Startup.
Unticked programs are unchecked. Surely, the list will include uTorrent, Skype, Viber, Telegram. If Daemon Tools, Dropbox and others like them are downloaded to the computer, their automatic download is closed exclusively in their settings.
Records with toolbar and update in the title may also open. They are also removed from automatic loading. Java Update Scheduler constantly uses the Internet connection, checking for a new version and downloading it. This process is very busy on the system. It is necessary to remove such programs as much as possible. But you should be careful not to disable the antivirus or video card driver.
If your computer has viruses, it will slow down not only in games. Therefore, before increasing the FPS, it is worth checking the antivirus program. To test the protection, you can download a few simple programs. Almost all of them offer downloading applications that contain malware. It is, of course, safe, and simply imitates a virus, but does not give a complete picture.
- Stackhackr: the user creates his own version of the virus for the test.
- RanSim: tests the system for protection against malicious ransomware attacks;
- Tools from Microsoft is a whole collection of programs that are only suitable for Windows Defender and are publicly available on the official website;
- Test Your Metal tests the security of the Internet.
Some programs have a test limit. The correctness of the tests and the correctness of the simulation cannot be verified. Therefore, it is best to use software from several sources.
Physical cleaning of the PC + overheating
FPS may partially drop from overheating of the system unit. The computer heats up for various reasons, and the main one is ordinary dust. It clogs the fan, the direct responsibility of which is the air conditioning of the “insides” of the equipment.
The air circulation is disturbed, and the processor, video card, hard disk cannot work normally. The system hangs, and may even turn off completely. Only physical cleaning will help in solving this problem.
Need to take:
- thermal grease in a syringe or tube;
- small shaped screwdriver;
- cloth or sponge;
- special cleaner.
Optimum — purchase special cleaning kits. For example, Colorways. It includes a microfiber cloth for the screen, two types of liquids — for the display and for internal cleaning, a brush with interchangeable nozzles, and a sponge. Thermal paste and screwdriver must be purchased separately.
Computers are taken apart in different ways. For laptops, there are guides on the Internet. Therefore, you must not be too lazy, and find a description for a specific model. So that it does not turn out that extra parts remain during the final assembly. After all, even one small bolt «holds the Universe»: it can fix the desired spare part. For example, cables or a video card.
The computer is disassembled, each part is carefully wiped, thermal paste is applied to the board. Particular attention is paid to the fan. It accumulates a lot of dust, which rolls into lumps. You can even blow this part. Ideally, cleaning is carried out once every six months, even if the computer does not slow down.
By the way, dry thermal paste also causes overheating. And, even if the air circulates through the system unhindered, the computer can get very hot. Replacing thermal paste is a very difficult task, especially if the user is inexperienced. Again, you need to look at various guides for a specific model and brand of computer, or contact a service center (the service will cost from 400 UAH).
In any case, the paste is applied in a minimal layer. There should be no air bubbles or lumps. Previously, the layers of old, dried paste are carefully washed off. She is very easily soiled and does not wash well. Therefore, you need to be careful.
The temperature indicators of the system can be checked using special programs. For example, using HWMonitor. This is a free utility. It is downloaded via Google archive. Weighs a little, set quickly. Permissible values for operation:
- processor — 45-65 °;
- hard drive — 30-45°;
- video card — up to 90 ° (depending on the type, since for some this temperature is already critical).
You can view information about the optimal parameters for a particular technique on the Internet or in the technical data sheet. If only one component is heated, and not the entire system, it will have to be changed.
An interesting article: What is better, a laptop or a computer (PC): 5 tips on how to choose equipment for your needs
Special software to improve performance
Below are a few programs with which you can increase FPS. You only need to choose one. Installing and running even two will not double the performance, but, on the contrary, will reduce them by reducing system performance.
1. Razer Cortex: Game Booster
Specially developed software that optimizes game settings. It is not a background one — it starts when the game is turned on. It has several functions (the ability to record, save the passage algorithm). The information is stored in the cloud server.
2 . Wise Game Booster
The program is lightweight and functional. It works for free, it is managed in Russian. Requires additional configuration before launch.
Accelerates even the weakest computers. A fairly new program with limited functionality (demo + paid version).
4. Process Lasso
Not only speeds up the system, but also cleans it. Aimed at even the most «heavy» games.
5. Driver Booster
Designed to update and configure the drivers available on your computer. Improves games and the system in general.
Downloading any of the programs, the user gets the desired result.
If you draw a line to increase FPS, it is worth:
- set power management to maximum settings;
- for those who play on a laptop — be sure to make or buy a stand. If you do it yourself, a piece of hewn wood or plastic will do. On sale there are bases with automatic cooling (create the effect of air conditioning). They cost from 200 UAH. Each provides a constant flow of air, so the system heats up less;
- The computer should always be restarted before starting the game. If autoload is cleaned up, the game will «run» more quickly and smoothly. After all, even closed applications continue to “flash”, leaving residual files;
- The disk is periodically checked for errors. This is done using standard systems by right-clicking on the C drive: the menu opens → properties are located → service → “check for errors” is selected and, in fact, “trust”. Auslogics BoostSpeed 10 also has this functionality. Auslogics Disk Doctor is selected;
- Sound calculation is disabled. If the processor is single-core, this solution allows you to increase the FPS up to 30%;
- compressed textures are installed. Standard games have 6%, 12%, 25% and 50% compression. This item must be configured «for yourself», it is not automatic. With the release of each new patch in online toys, you will have to reconfigure;
- the game may not have enough RAM. And, if the game is launched on a gadget with an additional slot, you can buy a bar and deliver it. Otherwise, it’s better to say goodbye to the game. You can also try increasing the amount of virtual memory.
— For Windows 10 system: Open search box → type «performance» → select «performance tuning». In the «Advanced» menu, find «Virtual Memory» and the item «Change».
— For Windows 7 and 8 systems, sysdm.cpl is entered via Win+R. In the window that opens, select Advanced → Performance → Options. Again, look for Advanced → the Change key → set the size from 2 to 6 GB.